SeaWorld Orlando is great for families, couples, friends and even for solo trips. If you’re planning a trip to this theme park, you may want to take a look at these tips to help you save time and money.
1. Arrive at least 30 minutes before the park opens.
Many people are planning a trip to SeaWorld Orlando now that covid-19 restrictions have eased up. So expect large crowds especially in the summer and on weekends. By going there early, you can avoid long lines and long wait times.
2. Dress appropriately.
The weather in Florida is mostly hot and humid expect for December, January and February.
3. If you want to make the most of your day at the park, go on a weekday.
There are shorter lines for the shows and rides. Avoid holidays and weekends if you can.
4. A few days before your visit to the theme park,
I suggest you download the SeaWorld app so you can plan ahead on what rides you want to try, which shows you want to see, and even which restaurants you want to eat at.
The app also provides information about the ride wait times, show times, park hours, dining options, and others.
5. If you can get there early,
You don’t need to purchase the Preferred Parking option.
6. Plan your trip months ahead,
So you can buy discounted SeaWorld Orlando tickets online. In addition, if you plan to visit the park several times a year, then get the Annual Passholder VIP option which gives you amazing benefits such as:
Unlimited admission for 12 months
Exclusive rewards such as being able to bring a friend for free!
7. Go for the all-day dining option.
SeaWorld’s All-Day-Dining-Deal lets you eat and drink all day (you can visit one restaurant every 90 minutes) for just $49.99/adults and $24.99/kids. This deal can be availed at the following:
- Expedition Café
- Voyager’s Smokehouse
- Altitude Burgers
- Waterway Grill
- Captain Pete’s Island Treats
- Seafire Grill
- Mama’s Pretzel Kitchen
- Lakeside Grill
8. Have an itinerary.
If you’re going there solo, I’d recommend you try these:
- Ride the Manta (A Must-do)
- Pet the stingrays (Key West)
- Play with dolphins (Dolphin Cove)
- Turtle Trek
- Ride the Journey to Atlantis
- Face the Kraken (Another Must-do)
- Empire of the Penguin
- Conquer Mako (A Must-d0)
- Dine at Shark Underwater Grill
- See the Pacific Point Preserve
- Ride Infinity Falls
- Try the NEW Ice Breaker
- Snacks at Altitude Burgers
- Experience the 400-foot Sky Tower
- Cap Your Day with a Paddle Boat ride
9. If you’re going in the summer,
Buy the Quick Queue Unlimited. You get one-time reserved seats and unlimited front row access to the following:
- Infinity Falls
- Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin
- Journey to Atlantis
You can get the basic Quick Queue but this pass doesn’t include the Ice Breaker roller coaster.
10. Dine at Underwater Grill so you can experience dining with sharks.
They serve delicious seafood, and you can also have a cocktail or beer at the bar.
11. Plan your day around the shows.
Know the schedules of the shows you want to see and plan everything else around these schedules.
12. Know what you should bring to the park.
This is important because you don’t want to come underprepared or overprepared for that matter. First of all bring your essentials – water, sunscreen, lip gloss, hand sanitizers, masks, and breath fresheners. You should also bring a change of clothes and some disposable rain ponchos because you’ll get wet in the water rides. Other things to bring are:
- Portable phone charger/ battery packs
- Sanitary wipes
- Water mist
- Some cash
SeaWorld Orlando is an amazing theme park you should visit on your next vacation.